江苏七位体彩开奖结果 www.jwbw.net Unit 5 Birdwatchers
Welcome to the unit Vocabulary
Which animal do I like least? Why? Wolves. They often make terrible noise in the wild. Which animals can make wonderful sound?
the smallest bird
? hummer ? 2 grams
the biggest bird
? Ostrich ? About 2 meters high ? Dozens of kilograms ? Cannot fly
What do you know about birds?
long neck long beak
long-winged 翅膀长的 white and grey or black feathers web-footed 蹼足的
sparrow/’sp?r?? / 麻雀 small feathers brown and grey feathers tail leg
beak/bi: k / n.喙
long-pointed wings 尖头的
fly to northern countries in summer
long thin neck
golden eagle 金雕
brownish feathers 带棕色的 broad wings 宽的
can learn to speak
or to sing
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? birdwatch market roast yummy crane seagull long-winged web-footed sparrow
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
swallow pointed forked northern swan golden eagle brownish broad hooked
P75:Part B--Make a dialogue A: Do you like birds? B: Yes, I do. A: Which bird do you like best? B: I like the … best. A: Why?
B: Because it… .
Do dogs like birds?
Listen and answer:
1. What is Eddie going to do tomorrow? It is going birdwatching. 2. Where does Eddie think is the best place to watch birds? At the market. 3. Do you agree with Eddie? Why/Why not? No. Because Eddie wants to eat Beijing Duck and roast chicken.
Every bird likes its own nest best. 人皆爱其家 Kill two birds with one stone 一箭双雕 The early bird catches the worm. 捷足先登 Birds of a feather flock(聚集) together.
Each bird loves to hear himself sing.
It is an ill bird that fouls(弄脏) its own nest. 家丑不可外扬。
Vocabulary —negative prefixes
Do you know the negative prefixes?
1. dis---- 较常用的前缀 2. il ----- 常用在以‘l’开头的词前 3. im---- 常用在以‘m/ p’ 开头的词前 4. in----- 常用在以‘c’开头的词前 5. ir----- 常用在以‘r’开头的词前 6. un---- 最常用的前缀
For example: If someone shows good manners to others, he
is a polite person.
If someone does not show good manners to
others, he is not polite.
?If someone does not show good manners to
others, he is impolite.
polite ? patient ?
possible ? impossible impatient
That coat is only 100yuan. It’s not expensive. That is inexpensive.
correct ? incorrect
I don’t believe what he says, because he is not honest.
I don’t believe what he says, because he is _________. dishonest
These desks are not regular. Please put these irregular desks in order.
regular ? irregular
? Some people are ___________ ( friendly, unfriendly
unfriendly) to birds. They throw stones to
them. unhappy ? Some people feel _________ (happy, unhappy) that government give poor people such small
and uncomfortabl _____________(comfortable, e uncomfortable) flats.
? It is _______ (safe, unsafe) to walk on the unsafe street at night.
? We should keep students staying away
unhealthy from the __________ (healthy, unhealthy) books.
Let's try together!
1. ___honest dis 2. ___polite im ___possible im 3. ___correct in 4. ___regular ir 5. ____able un ____comfortable un ____common un ____friendly un ____happy un ____important un ____necessary un ____welcome un
incorrect 1. Zhalong is a nature reserve. It’ s ________ to hunt or fish there. 2. When you go bird watching, you sometimes have to walk a long way. If you wear new
leather shoes, they can be _____________. uncomfortable
3. If you are interested in birds, you can go to Zhalong. But if you leave litter there, you unwelcome will be __________. 4. There are not many red-crowned cranes uncommon in the world, they are __________. 5. If we do not protect the wetlands, it will be impossible __________ to see these birds in the future.
Check the answers!
1. Some people are unfriendly to the birds.
2. It’s unnecessary to study different birds.
3. Many poor people live in small and
4. You will unable to see these birds.
5. It’s impossible to see the birds without waiting quietly.
1. Finish off the exercises. 2. Copy the new words three times.